- Protect the Plains: DRA and IEN team up to crowdfund!
- Likely tax revenue from Keystone XL? Way less than you think.
- Joint release on Keystone XL hearings heating up in South Dakota
- PUC grants – in part – TransCanada’s limit to KXL hearing
- Farmer Veteran Coalition Joins DRA in Reaching Out to Veteran Farmers
grassroots organizing for the future
SD Legislation + Lobbying
GETTING THE MESSAGE OUT Check out our podcast: Dakota Rural Voices Dakota Rural Action is committed to advocating for and with our members at all levels of government. Each year, we send a lobbyist to Pierre to do so at South Dakota’s legislative session – and each year, DRA asks you to give your input […]
Keystone XL Pipeline
Dakota Rural Action Reopens Keystone XL Campaign Statement from Dakota Rural Action Board Chair and KXL landowner Paul Seamans: TransCanada first appeared in the state in the spring of 2008, contacting landowners about the fact that a pipeline would be crossing their land. Soon thereafter, under the threat of eminent domain by TransCanada, these ranchers […]
Brookings County Chapter
The Brookings County Chapter has tackled some important issues and campaigns since its inception in the early 1990’s, including launching and organizing a city-wide recycling campaign, organizing multiple Earth Day events, working on county zoning issues, and launching the online South Dakota Local Food Co-op in spring of 2010. The Chapter is currently campaigning to […]