Additional Farm to School Information
Every day across America, teachers see the unfortunate effects of childhood hunger. 65% of America’s teachers regularly see kids who come to school hungry because they aren’t getting enough to eat at home. Many of these teachers buy food with their own money to compensate. Check out this new study.
Join today!Dakota Rural Action is a member-based organization. Your membership and contributions support work being done to protect family agriculture and natural resources in South Dakota. Click here to join.
- The CAFO vs. the Family Farm in South Dakota February 13, 2015Join us today as we talk with Nancy Kirstein, Dakota Rural Action member and farmer. Nancy and her husband run the Good Earth Farm, and we spoke with her about some CAFO legislation going through in Pierre this year, and about the future of agriculture in South Dakota.
- Uranium Mining in the Black Hills February 6, 2015Dakota Rural Action members Becky Leas and Gardner Gray talk about the proposed Dewey-Burdock Project, an in situ leach uranium mine proposal in the southern Black Hills of South Dakota. Why, with so many downsides, is the project still on the table?
- Renewable Energy in South Dakota January 30, 2015Today we hear from Dennis Williams of Williams Power Systems in Sioux Falls about the promises - and barriers - to small-scale electric generation in South Dakota. The Legislature will be talking about these systems this year, and Dennis geeks out a bit with us to share why these systems are so important to our […]
- Raw Milk for South Dakota in 2015 January 19, 2015Last year, our raw milk legislation did not pass, but we did get a Raw Milk Working Group set up to deal with the laws and regulations affecting our raw milk farmers. The result of that Working Group is Senate Bill 45, a great piece of legislation that will hopefully put a bright end on […]
- 2015 Legislative Preview January 12, 2015Dakota Rural Voices is back for another session! Listen in as Rep. Jacqueline Sly and Sen. Bernie Hunhoff talk about what to expect from South Dakota's 2015 legislative session.
- Dakota Rural Voices - Protect Our Water February 9, 2014Hear about South Dakota's HB 1193, an act to protect our water from in situ leach uranium mining, and learn about how things are not always as they seem when it comes to the so-called financial benefits of uranium mines.
- Dakota Rural Voices - Raw Milk in South Dakota January 26, 2014
- Distributed Generation, Solar Panels Away! January 20, 2014What's happening in the world of solar energy in South Dakota? Listen to DRA members Steve and Lynn Hammond talk about their week in the capital trying to get energy producers a fair rate for their kilowatts.
- Dakota Rural Voices Episode 1 - 2014 South Dakota Legislature Preview January 13, 2014
- The CAFO vs. the Family Farm in South Dakota February 13, 2015
DRA on YouTube