Join today!Dakota Rural Action is a member-based organization. Your membership and contributions support work being done to protect family agriculture and natural resources in South Dakota. Click here to join.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Sun Power - Renewable Energy in South Dakota in 2016 February 5, 2016Wondering if we're further ahead on solar power in 2016? Find out in our conversation with Dennis Williams of Williams Power Systems.
- Get Off the Road, Cyclists! Kidding, You Can Stay. January 29, 2016HB 1073, brought by Republican Representative Mike Verchio from Hill City, South Dakota, would have required cyclists dismount and get off the road if someone in a car wanted to pass. The bill understandably brought out the cycling community in force. Listen today as two bike activists, Michael Christensen and Jessica Andrews, as they talk […]
- Legalizing Hemp, with Senator Troy Heinert and Farmer Danny Dyck January 22, 2016What's the big deal about hemp? Find out with state Senator Troy Heinert and local farmer Danny Dyck as we talk with them about HB 1054, which would legalize the plant in South Dakota.
- What Is the State of South Dakota? January 14, 2016On Tuesday, January 12, South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard opened the state's 2016 legislative session with the State of the State Address. Dakota Rural Voices is here with your analysis and your FIRST podcast of the 2016 session! Don't forget to tune in LIVE to KSDJ 90.7 in Brookings every Thursday at 1pmCT, or stream […]
- The CAFO vs. the Family Farm in South Dakota February 13, 2015Join us today as we talk with Nancy Kirstein, Dakota Rural Action member and farmer. Nancy and her husband run the Good Earth Farm, and we spoke with her about some CAFO legislation going through in Pierre this year, and about the future of agriculture in South Dakota.
- Uranium Mining in the Black Hills February 6, 2015Dakota Rural Action members Becky Leas and Gardner Gray talk about the proposed Dewey-Burdock Project, an in situ leach uranium mine proposal in the southern Black Hills of South Dakota. Why, with so many downsides, is the project still on the table?
- Renewable Energy in South Dakota January 30, 2015Today we hear from Dennis Williams of Williams Power Systems in Sioux Falls about the promises - and barriers - to small-scale electric generation in South Dakota. The Legislature will be talking about these systems this year, and Dennis geeks out a bit with us to share why these systems are so important to our […]
- Raw Milk for South Dakota in 2015 January 19, 2015Last year, our raw milk legislation did not pass, but we did get a Raw Milk Working Group set up to deal with the laws and regulations affecting our raw milk farmers. The result of that Working Group is Senate Bill 45, a great piece of legislation that will hopefully put a bright end on […]
- 2015 Legislative Preview January 12, 2015Dakota Rural Voices is back for another session! Listen in as Rep. Jacqueline Sly and Sen. Bernie Hunhoff talk about what to expect from South Dakota's 2015 legislative session.
- Dakota Rural Voices - Protect Our Water February 9, 2014Hear about South Dakota's HB 1193, an act to protect our water from in situ leach uranium mining, and learn about how things are not always as they seem when it comes to the so-called financial benefits of uranium mines.
- Sun Power - Renewable Energy in South Dakota in 2016 February 5, 2016
DRA on YouTube